23 September 2012


As I suspected, Nama has started painting her bedroom, with AC's help.  Here they are on the job... obviously having way too much fun!

In the meantime, plastering continues in AC's penthouse,


and MOTH is up on the roof fitting cladding to the wall with the clerestory windows

Finally, here is our latest guest, April, who is staying with us for a couple of weeks while her dad, our sparky, is away on holidays.  I think she's quite enjoying the change of scenery, but perhaps missing her family somewhat.  Obviously wanting more attention, she jumped on my back and nudged me with her horns several times in the backside today as I was wandering about taking photographs.  She's very friendly tho... we will miss her when she goes home. 

Scaffold be gone...

Celebrations... most of the scaff was taken away this week... and we are so relieved.  It has been a huge financial burden over the past 12 months or so... and doesn't the house look so much purdier without it?

We've retained just a small section of scaff on the east side to retain access to the roof and finish off eaves and so on down that side of the house.

13 September 2012


It's all happening folks... the plumber is finishing off the roughing-in and same for the sparky, all the while the plasterer has started and from what I hear, Nama & Fuzzy's end of the house is all but ready to be painted. 

Most of us have decided that we'll leave the internal rendered walls natural but wash them with a lime based milky mixture to contain the dust.  At this stage, only K2 is painting his bedroom walls an actual colour.

Downstairs in the communal meals area
facing the above right rooms
Meanwhile, MOTH and Fuzzy are loading up walls, floors and everything in between with insulation batts and working on other inside jobs, while I continue painting eaves and AC repairs cracks in the outside render before the scaffolding goes.

Did I tell you about the elephant in the room?  ... it's hangin' out with our biggest fan!

We're so proud of K1... she's taken up pole dancing.

01 September 2012

The Big Clean Up...

As much as we cleaned up as we went along, thanks mostly to Nama & Fuzzy who put in the hours during the week, there's still a heap of mud and muck on the floors and splattered render to be removed from doors, windows and woodwork. 

Nama had the idea to put large sheets of plastic and/or fabric on the floors to catch as much of the muck as possible during the rendering process and this was quite effective but didn't cover everything.  The boys decided to just gather it all up and toss it over the balcony.

... just deferring the real clean up to later I suppose...

There's also quite a bit of sponging to be done on the internal walls, even tho they're now completely dry... and that makes the work 100 times harder on the shoulders.  All very necessary as the trowel marks need to be removed so the walls look oh so pretty.